This big 4 client is looking to appoint auditors of varying levels into the banking and capital markets department, namely at assistant manager level (although manager is also available). The team has had a productive year and is preparing for a busy year ahead having secured new clients.
This is a fantastic opportunity to progress further in another big 4, or alternatively, secure a foothold within a big 4 to open up future progression opportunities, either in practice or industry. Exposure to top clients results in making the transition into industry much more favourable.
Furthermore, due to the growth of the department, having previous B&CM experience is not a requirement. Although any financial services/ banking background/ experience would be favourable, other audit backgrounds will be reviewed too. If a slight career variation is desirable then this opportunity can offer the transition.
As an Assistant Manager, you’ll be involved in all aspects of delivering audit engagements, from planning through to completion on a broad range of Banking and Capital Markets clients. The role will include executive level client interaction and exposure to multiple clients on an annual basis.
Qualifications and Skills
- Must possess professional qualification; ACA, ACCA or CPA.
- Sound working knowledge of IFRS, UK GAAP
- IT literacy with good knowledge of Word / Excel / PowerPoint
Experience and Background
- Significant practical audit experience - large clients preferable
- Experience working as part of medium and large sized audit teams
- Experience supervising/ training/ developing staff
- Keen interest in Financial Services (FS), ideally with specific FS audit experience (although not a necessity)
All successful applicants will be contacted upon submission for an informal conversation about the position and your experience. Anyone who has audit experience is encouraged to apply as there is good flexibility with this firm for this particular role.