Regulatory Compliance Lawyer
Working in a leading UK based international law firm in the Risk and Compliance team (London Office)
- Advise and assist with the implementation of solutions to resolve conflicts and confidentiality issues
- Ensure that the firm and the individuals within, maintain and promote the highest standards of legal and regulatory compliance
- Data protection - internal management of personal data and compliance with data protection rules
- Risk management, drafting and reviewing documents, policies and guidance
- Get involved with the development, administration, monitoring and maintenance of policies and procedures and ensure that risk and related issues are dealt with consistently firm wide
- Provide training on risk issues and be an ambassador for the team within the wider firm
- Answer and investigate queries from partners, fee earners and staff at all levels in relation to relevant legislation, regulation and firm policies
- You should have experience in regulatory compliance, ideally in an international Top 20 firm or other professional services environment. Experience of working within private practice (or in-house or with a Regulator) in any of corporate, commercial, litigation, regulatory and/or data protection.
- A thorough legal knowledge with ability to understand complex issues
- You should have experience in regulatory compliance, ideally concerning the SRA Handbook, FSMA or similar regulatory regimes. Experience in design, implementation or management of any technology-based compliance systems and processes is an advantage.
- Ability to communicate effectively to staff at all levels
- Be able to provide quick and relevant advise in difficult and challenging situations
£50k - 60k per year + .