As the Compliance Governance Oversight Manager you will closely support the Senior CGO Manager in the execution of the due diligence program. The CGO team is involved in potential new business opportunities/investment adviser relationships from the outset which will involve product and sponsor due diligence, participation in project calls and visits. Approved delegates will then fall in scope of the on-going due diligence program which will need to be maintained to a high standard and in accordance with pre agreed timeframes. The role will effectively act as part of the overall first line defence control environment in place within the unit trust management business with support from the wider Group Compliance and Risk team. This role has a focus on reviewing literature, eligibility and the monitoring activity of external parties through both onsite and desk based functions.
* Work closely with the business to ensure regulatory requirements are met relating to funds and delegates.
* Participate in the initial stages of new business opportunities by undertaking risk assessments, attending project calls and visits
* Participate in the completion of questionnaires that potential sponsors provide for due diligence purposes (RPFs) and new business pitches where appropriate.
* Participate in depositary due diligence visits.
* Implementation and oversight of a due diligence strategy in line with various regulatory and legal requirements, establish in-house controls and procedures.
* Take ownership for the management of the Compliance Oversight Dashboard
* Participate in various committees including Oversight, Risk and AIF
* Review fund literature eg fund factsheets, application forms etc
* Assist in the monitoring of breaches and manage the resolution of events
* Support managers within the team in an advisory capacity applying rules and principles to any given incident or compliance matter and additionally assist the Compliance and Risk Function to ensure that new products or initiatives are in compliance with regulatory requirements and the Risk Management Framework.
* Assist the Compliance and Risk Function in the review and resolution of client complaints.
* Participate in the implementation of regulatory change which impacts the business and it's clients and products
You should be of graduate or equivalent level (FCSI or MCSI), ideally with professional financial services compliance qualifications or currently studying to achieve them. You should be able to demonstrate understanding of the FCA regulatory environment (in particular COLL and SYSC), regulated collective investment schemes (unit trusts and OEICs) and the hosted ACD model. You will need to demonstrate your understanding (gained through practical experience) of undertaking due diligence, reviewing outsourced functions, providing constructive feedback to delegates in projects of this nature. You must also have an awareness of risk and risk management/mitigation, not just in a regulatory context but also a wider business context and be able to clearly communicate this at interview.
If you are interested in this role please apply on the button or email candidates"at"consultrpm"dot"com (decipher) in order to submit your CV to us directly - we look forward to hearing from you at your earliest convenience.