To provide support to the Compliance Manager by conducting Focused Audits of the activities of individuals and firms where there is evidence of the Firm or Individual being of a risk to the Company.
- To conduct Induction, Monitoring, Investigation, Remedial and Exit Visits on Firms using pre-prepared check sheets and any special instructions or directions agreed by the Compliance Manager according to individual circumstances, and accurately recorded outcomes on the in-house systems.
- To review client files to confirm suitability and good consumer outcomes and adherence to regulatory and Company requirements, and identify and require remedial action from members firms where necessary.
- To identify any Breaches or Misconduct by firms and individual and report any training/compliance failures to the Compliance Manager.
- To provide feedback and prepare action plans for firms and individuals following any audit and to complete a risk evaluation of each individual within the firm and an overall risk assessment of the firm based upon the findings of any audit.
- To provide guidance to firms and individuals in setting up and maintaining good business and compliance practices and procedures, to include review and approval of financial promotions and the provision of technical support.
- To provide feedback to other departments within The Company and to take remedial action to ensure that satisfactory relationships are maintained between the Company and the individual or firm.
- To handle consumer complaints in a fair and non-biased manner, in accordance with regulatory requirements and in-house procedures, and to document these effectively to allow root cause analysis to support the continued improvement of consumer outcomes for The Company.
- To undertake or lead project work where required by the Compliance Manager.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience and knowledge of financial services.
- Clear understanding of the FCA
- Have previously worked for an IFA or consulting firm - preferable