Cyber Security Consultant (Public Sector Clients)
Consult Technology is working with one of the UK big 4 consulting firms. They are growing their cyber security practice in London, focusing on Public sector clients.
In terms of sectors they work with the following area’s Crime & Justice, Defence, Health, Transport, Central Government.
You will be a generalist but have specialities in specific areas which can be developed and honed as your career develops. This role would suit someone who is comfortable working across the cyber security spectrum and disciplines. We will offer you opportunities to develop your skills in different areas of cyber security.
As a minimum, candidates for this role must have the following
- Some (however limited) information security experience in any form (i.e. operational, consultancy and/or sales)
- Strong academic background such as a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in any subject (candidates without academic degrees must be able to demonstrate professional development and supporting vocational and industry qualification)
- Excellent business writing skills, particularly report writing skills
- A good understanding of IT infrastructure fundamentals such as networks, operating systems and databases
- Knowledge of infrastructure and application security requirements and benchmarks (e.g. OWASP, CIS)
While not prerequisites, the following will be advantageous:-
- Experience or understanding of security legislation and regulatory frameworks (e.g. DPA, PCI-DSS, RIPA, PSD-2, GDPR)
- Experience or understanding of security methodologies and industry standards (e.g. ISO27001, NIST, SANS)
- Any cyber/information security certification (e.g. CISSP, CISA, CISM, GIAC)
- Experience of internal or external consulting or audit engagements
- Exposure to multi-tier, web based and cloud based IT architectures
- Knowledge of security technologies (e.g. AV, SIEM, IDM, IPS, F/W, SSO, DLP)
- Knowledge of security assessment frameworks (e.g. threat modelling, controls assessment, risk assessment)