A leading global law firm is looking to recruit a Senior Associate to join the firm's Financial Regulatory Disputes team in London.
The team assists a wide range of clients including local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments in the full range of dispute resolution and contentious regulatory services.
Their work includes:
- acquisition/leverage finance
- asset and wealth management
- debt capital markets and corporate trusts
- debt trading (secondary debt trading, distressed debt trading & loan portfolio trading),
- derivatives, securitisation and structured products (including CLOs),
- insolvency related proceedings,
- internal and regulatory investigations.
The Financial Regulatory Disputes Senior Associate will work on matters that are high value both financially and reputationally. The work will often be highly complex with a multi-jurisdictional element.
We are looking for a Solicitor with significant dispute resolution experience along with knowledge of the investment banking industry and other financial institutions.
The successfuul candidate will therefore have:
- Experience of working on investigations for financial institutions.
- Able to contribute to professional development and know-how and participate in training where appropriate
- Willingness to take day to day responsibility for more straightforward matters and actively progress complex matters.
- Effective in communicating with clients in order to understand their needs and how best to meet them.
Essential skills and experience:
- Qualified mid-senior level lawyers with relevant post-qualification experience
- Experience of disputes and investigations work in the financial services sector
- A team-player who can work effectively with colleagues at all levels
- Client facing experience and the ability to understand and respond effectively to client needs
- A commercial approach
- A previous secondment to a financial institution is desirable