This is an excellent opportunity for a Lawyer with at least 7 years' post-qualifcation experience to join a Global law firm as part of their In House team.
Our client is a Magic Circle law firm. Their Practice Protection team advises the firm as a whole on the day to day contentious and non-contentious legal and regulatory matters affecting the business.
We are looking for a Senior Lawyer with experience in providing Regulatory and Risk & Compliance advice to join the team and to assist management with Regulatory matters and investigations as well as professional indemnity claims and employment matters.
The In House Senior Regulatory and Disputes Lawyer will be a senior member of the Firm's Practice Protections Team. The successful candidate will be responsible for risk management, non-contentious regulatory issue and contentious matters.
The role holder will:
- Have day to day conduct of relevant investigations in support of the Legal Department leadership and relevant partners and staff
- Work with Knowledge Management and IT to ensure that the Legal Department has appropriate know-how and other resources to support its investigation work including a suitable technology platform for the management of matter information.
- Provide training to the Department and relevant staff within the firm to support the effective approach to regulatory compliance.
- Lead on discrete regulatory projects from time to time, for example, to ensure that the firm’s policies and procedures in a particular area are appropriate and effective, or taking responsibility for developing the firm’s response to a particular issue.
- Answer queries from partners, fee earners and staff at all levels relating to investigations, the interpretation of relevant legislation, sectoral regulation and associated policies and procedures.
- Liaise with all levels of staff within the firm to advise and assist with the implementation of solutions to resolve relevant operational issues.
- Undertake research and analysis, provide advice, interpret legislation and develop and implement policies and procedures.
- Assist with the administration, monitoring and maintenance of policies and procedures.
We are looking for a Solicitor with at least 7 years PQE in a highly regarded global commercial law firm.
The successful candidate will be an individual with experience of advising on regulatory and contentious matters and applicable ethical rules and guidelines and of compliance issues applicable to international law firms including SRA Regulations.
If the opportunity is of interest, you can apply here or contact Aaron Stocks at email@example.com