ConsultLegal are Partnered with a Top 15 London firm in recruiting an Associate to join our client's Infrastructure Finance team.
Our client is identified in the Legal 500 as one of the top tier leaders in providing legal services to the Infrastructure sector, with 20 Partners in London specialising in Energy and Infrastrcture. Their infrastructure finance team advises clients in financing energy and infrastructure assets across a range of sectors including, power and renewables, oil and gas, transport, digital economy, social infrastructure and utilities.
With a particular focus on infrastructure M&A, the practice covers both loan and capital markets debt products, including private placement notes. They typically advise on brownfield transactions, though they also work on some financings and refinancings of greenfield assets. They act for the full range of sponsors, bank lenders, institutional investors, corporates and arrangers.
The Infrastructure Finance Associate would join a freindly, market-leading team and will have exposure to a range of market leading energy and infrastructure financing transactions, typically acting on all elements of a financing from term sheet stage, through to closing and post-closing.
Typical responsibilities include:
- Drafting of finance documents;
- Advising clients;
- Managing and co-ordinating transactions;
- Leading negotiations with counterparties;
- Contributing to department know-how;
- Matter completion and post-closing work; and
- Providing structured supervision and on-the-job training to more junior lawyers.
Essential skills and experience:
- Qualified lawyer with significant post-qualification infrastructure financing experience, gained at a leading firm. The candidate will have experience in banking, project finance and/or multi-creditor financing platforms. Capital markets experience is not essential.
- Strong technical skills in relation to finance law.
- Client-facing experience and the ability to understand and respond effectively to client needs.
- An adaptable approach, with experience acting on complex transactions.
- A commercial approach and an ability to negotiate confidently and effectively.
- A collaborative attitude to working within large teams and with colleagues at all levels.
In return, our client has clearly defined tracks for promotion as well as fantastic opportunities for secondment.