This is an excellent opportunity for a proven Intellectual Property Lawyer to join a prestigious, multinational firm in their London office.
Our client is a global law firm with a long-standing track record of successfully supporting the world's leading national and multinational corporations, financial institutions and governments on ground-breaking and business-critical mandates.
The firm's international IP and technology team helps clients defend their businesses and enforce their rights. They have a wealth of experience in cross-border IP litigation, especially focussing on patents. The teams acts on some of the most high-profile cases in the pharmaceutical and technology sectors and have well respected IP teams in the main European and Asian jurisdictions.
The London IP litigation team has an opening for a mid-level (3-5 years PQE or equivalent experience) associate to work primarily on patent litigation matters.
The core of the team is growing and now looks to expand by hiring a lawyer with proven experience in patent litigation to complement the existing group. An ability to hit the ground running is essential.
The work includes litigation in the English courts, opposition and appeal proceedings at the European Patent Office, and the coordination of foreign litigations.
The successful candidate will work under a Partner and/or Counsel on the full range of IP litigation tasks, primarily focusing on patent and technical trade secrets litigations.
Typical tasks include but are not limited to:
• Analysing patents to identify validity and infringement arguments
• Drafting pre-action correspondence
• Meeting with fact witnesses and experts and preparing witness statements and expert reports
• Drafting applications and their supporting evidence
• Communicating with the Courts and other tribunals, and with foreign counsel
• Supporting the advocates prior to and at hearings
The successful candidate will also be expected to supervise more junior solicitors / trainees / paralegals in the efficient completion of such tasks.
The successful candidate will be a qualified solicitor or barrister in England and Wales or have an equivalent qualification in another jurisdiction and familiarity with English Court procedures.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
• Between 3 and 5 years post-qualification experience, or equivalent
• The majority of that experience being in patent and/or technical trade secrets litigation.
• A top class academic record
• A strong technical and commercial background
• Demonstrable experience of team working
• Good communication skills
• A desire to progress their career in patent litigation