Great opportuinity to take on a role with a hugely successful UK based law firm with a global prescence.
Risk and Compliance Manager
- Researching and advising on multiple risk and compliance issues including financial sanctions, conflicts, money laundering, corruption and responding to ad hoc queries from the firm in relation to risk and compliance.
- Assisting colleagues on various projects and manage risk across the firms network of offices (international + UK)
- Supporting the on-going development and delivery of risk and compliance training to the firms network of offices.
- Supporting the review and update process to the firm’s policies, including working with the Risk and Compliance team to aid the development of new policies and provide guidence where necessary.
- Advising on compliance in line with the Solicitors Code of Conduct and responding to queries from the firm in relation.
- Researching and advising on local law and regulatory requirements, in respect of the network of offices and assisting in the creation of a due diligence structure to support the growth plan.
- Working with the wider Risk and Compliance team and with other offices to ensure that best practice is in operation across the business.
Skills and experience:
- Experience of working in a risk and compliance environment in a law firm.
- A capable and accurate researcher, with excellent analytical skills.
- Ability to distil large amounts of information into reports and high level briefings.
- Excellent commercial awareness coupled with a problem-solving attitude.
- Demonstrable knowledge of the EU Money Laundering Regulations, the UK Bribery Act, EU/UK Economic Sanctions and the SRA Code of Conduct.
- A passion for risk and compliance matters.
- Proven ability to think independently, contribute to projects and confidently engage with and influence colleagues at all levels.
- Impressive attention to detail.
- Excellent IT skills.
Desirable (but not essential):
- Experience of undertaking international projects
- Familiarity with international governance structures
- A language