A top 15 accountancy network with HQ in London is looking for an assertive and confident candidate to work in Private Client Services, providing planning and compliance services to help indivduals manage their tax liabilities.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
You will be charged with providing tax compliance services to a wide portfolio of clients - OMBs, HNWIs, non-res and non-doms.
• Looking after the day to day running of a mixed portfolio of clients.
• Providing timely and accurate delivery of tax services whilst adhering to the firm’s quality standards.
• Building and maintaining effective relationships with clients with the intention of making you an indispensable resource for their tax compliance affairs
• Liaising with clients and HM Revenue & Customs regarding their personal tax affairs.
• Resolving client concerns and queries.
• Providing basic advice where possible and liaising with more senior members on more technical compliance and advice services.
• Assisting with general private client issues and suggesting tax planning opportunities
• Supporting the partners, managers and other senior staff with general ad-hoc and administrative duties such as preparing spreadsheets etc.
Applicants must have experience of working within a private client services role.
The ideal candidate will be someone who is ATT qualified or is at the later stages of their qualification. However, individuals who are not currently studying ATT and are keen to progress their career in this regard will also be considered. Full study support will be provided by the firm towards relevant tax qualifications.
We will support your development and progress towards more complex and technical work. Enthusiasm to learn is therefore key.
We expect competence at using tax software (ideally CCH) and Microsoft Word/Excel to a good level. You will need to be able to work under pressure at times and to be able to prioritise as and when needed.
Ideally you should be proactive and have an ambition to succeed within the profession.
• Competitive salary
• Normal hours of work are 35 per week, to be worked from 9.30am to 5.30pm
• 28 days holiday including statutory bank/public holidays plus Christmas shutdown
• The ability to ‘purchase’ up to 5 extra days leave in salary sacrifice
• Private medical cover at discounted rates
• Private dental cover at discounted rates
• Subsidised corporate gym membership at Fitness First
• Life assurance, (up to 4x salary)
• Contributory pension arrangements
• Season ticket loan
• Childcare vouchers