This is an excellent opportunity to join the highly-regarded Restructuring team of a leading global law firm.
Our client's Restructuring team is a market-leader in botu EUrope and Austrailia. The Group acts for senior lenders, distressed investors, debtors and insolvency practitioners in all aspects of corporate insolvency and restructuring. The team is largely non-contentious, working closely with the disputes team when more litigious matters arise.
We are currently looking for a qualified mid to senior level Associate to join the restructuring and special situations group in the London office. The ideal level of post-qualification experience is 2-4 years.
The successful candidates would work on the following sorts of matters:
- reviewing security, bond and loan documents with a view to advising parties on their rights following default
- advising on schemes of arrangement and related issues
- appointment of administrators, both by directors and by a QFCH
- pre-packaged administration sales of shares or businesses
- company voluntary arrangements
- advice to directors on their duties
- coordinating advice from foreign law firms in relation to cross-border restructurings or insolvencies
- loan to own strategies by distressed investors
Essential skills and experience:
- Qualified mid to senior level lawyer with post-qualification experience at a major law firm
- Experience at a law firm recognised for its restructuring practice in some or all of the above areas of work.
- Experience of drafting, reviewing and negotiating legal documents and agreements in a private practice environment
- An adaptable individual who is a fast learner, with experience dealing with multiple jurisdictions.
- A team-player who can work effectively with colleagues at all levels
- Client facing experience and the ability to understand and respond effectively to client needs
- Experience of negotiating with counterparts.
- A commercial approach