There is a new opening for a leading UK law firm based in London to join the Compliance and Conflicts Team.
1. Legal analysis of potential conflicts / confidentiality issues and reviewing conflict check results (produced by the Firm's Business Acceptance Unit);
2. Supporting and advising the Conflicts Committee in collating information from the business and making recommendations for the Committee's decision;
3. Understanding and identifying wider commercial, risk and reputational issues at client acceptance / conflict checking stage;
4. Liaising with partners and fee earners: to obtain further information to assist with conflicts analysis; to advise on engagement terms which manage conflict and confidentiality;
5. Attending Conflicts Committee meetings and advising the business of decisions made by the Conflicts Committee;
6. Supporting/ assisting the development of junior conflicts assistants
The successful candidate will have:
1. Conflicts experience
2. An excellent academic record (ideally a law degree / GDL and LPC or international equivalent) and ideally further legal training;
3. Ideally 2+ years experience of work in a large law firm
4. Current knowledge of conflicts and confidentiality requirements in the SRA Handbook and common law (although further training will be provided once in the role).
Any applicants CV's will be retained on the system but will never be forwarded on without candidates consent.
If you match the specification then please do apply by submitting your CV. If you have not heard back after one week, please accept you have been unsuccessful for this role. We will contact suitable candidates. If you have any queries then contact Seb Allen on: seb.allen"at"consultrpm"dot"com (decipher first)